Restricted Call for Proposals: Human Resources Development Operational Programme IPA Component IV
Measure 1.2: “To increase employment of young people”
Budget line: 04.0601
Deadline for submission of proposals: 08/02/2013
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is: To attract and retain more people in employment by promoting youth employment and decreasing unemployment rate of young people.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
- To increase employability of young people,
- To increase entrepreneurship skills of the young people,
- To improve sustainable cooperation between relevant actors of labour demand and supply sides,
- To ensure consistency between active labour market measures (ALMP) and demand of the economy particularly for the new investment areas,
- To provide holistic services including profiling, orientation, training, consultancy, job experiences and matching services for promoting youth employment,
- To ease the transition from school to work,
- To support the establishment of a stronger linkage between university and industry.
Main target groups of this call for proposals are:
- Young unemployed people as new university graduates,
- Young unemployed people as secondary school graduates,
- Young unemployed people with lower educational attainment,
- Early school leavers,
- Young people who are still at school,
- Young people with disabilities
Please note that the main target group will be young people between the ages of 15-29.
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 200.000
- maximum amount: EUR 400.000
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
- Minimum percentage: 80% of the total estimated eligible costs of the action.
- Maximum percentage: 90% of the total eligible costs of the action
Political parties and their affiliated structures are not eligible under this Call for Proposals.Individual commercial enterprises or groups of enterprises are not eligible applicants or partners under this Call for Proposals. However, considering the crucial role they bear in achieving the objectives of the programme, applicants are strongly recommended to apply with associates in the relevant sectors.
The minimum number of partners for application is 1 and the maximum number of partners for application is 3.
Some Types of activity:
Component 1: Improving vocational and generic skills and qualifications of young people in line with the eligible sectors
- Developing individual employment action plans in cooperation with occupation and job counsellors of İŞKUR,
- Delivering generic skills trainings to young people in the prioritised sectors/occupations,
- Delivering vocational trainings to young people in the prioritised sectors/occupations,
- Providing employment oriented courses for young unemployed people,
- Delivering re-training in vocations where there is an identified gap in the local labour market and in sectors with high growth potential,
- Providing a second chance for the early school leavers and low qualified young people by delivering vocational trainings.
Component 2: Improving the entrepreneurship skills and knowledge of young people to start up their own business in the eligible sectors
- Providing entrepreneurship trainings and financial guidance to young people who participated in the trainings and easing their access to financial support by guidance services and promoting cooperation among the relevant actors regarding entrepreneurship activities of young people,
- Providing consultancy in setting up a business preferably in the eligible sectors,
- Providing support for business plan development,
- Training on potential sectors for entrepreneurship,
- Any innovative action to promote youth entrepreneurship.
Component 3: Increasing young people’s job experiences, occupational and career knowledge via internship, easy transition from school to work via high quality guidance and counselling services
- Delivering job guidance and/or vocational counselling for young people, providing job search assistance to them,
- Promoting internship opportunities and job and vocational guidance services for the young people who are still at school,
- Developing new models and innovative approaches to career guidance and consultancy, designing activities in various forms such as individual or group based, face-to-face or internet-based,
- Promoting apprenticeship,
- Providing internship/on-job trainings programmes for young people in line with İŞKUR’s programmes in order to improve their job experience,
- Development and delivery of job and vocational guidance services (preparing CVs, individual career plans etc.),
- Strengthening cooperation between universities/schools and industry/private sector, model career centres/days, common projects,
- Establishment of graduate monitoring systems (to monitor the labour market performance of the graduates, trainees, entrepreneurs, etc),
- Research particularly related with the transition from school to work, to understand the situation of young people in the labour market after school (through various research techniques),
- Promoting cooperation among public institutions, local authorities, employee’s and employers’ associations, NGOs and private sector to increase employability of young people.
For more info and documents click here