ISEC 2012 PNR Targeted Call for Proposals
PREVENTION OF AND FIGHT AGAINST CRIME 2007 – 2013 ACTION GRANTS 2012 TARGETED CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Deadline: Applications submitted electronically via the PRIAMOS system must be uploaded by 10 April 2013, 14:00 CET. Please note that PRIAMOS limits the size of the applications that can be uploaded to 100 MB.
The Call aims at supporting law enforcement cooperation through measures to set up Passenger Information Units in Member States for the collection, processing, analysis and exchange of Passenger Name Record (PNR) data for the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of terrorist offences and serious crime.
The following priorities have been fixed within this Call:
1. Measures to set up Passenger Information Units in Member States for the collection, processing, analysis and exchange of Passenger Name Record (PNR) data.
2. The use of the PNR data should be the prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of terrorist offences and serious crime.
3. Measures to obtain the PNR data only from air carriers and only for international flights, i.e. flights entering or departing the territory of the EU via the relevant Member State.
4. Measures to ensure that the data are transmitted by air carriers using exclusively the “push” method, i.e. the method whereby the air carrier transmits the data to a specified central database of the Passenger Information Unit of the Member State.
5. Measures to ensure that the data are not retained by the Passenger Information Unit in the central database of the Member State for a period longer than 5 years, while the Member State should take measures to gradually reduce the access to the data, for example by depersonalising the data through masking out the personal identifiable information.
6. Measures to ensure that strict data security should be applied to the data, both for the protection of the database itself and through measures to limit and monitor the access to the data.
7. Measures to ensure that all transactions in the databases where the PNR data are retained are logged and documented.
8. Measures to ensure that passengers can make full use of their data protection rights.
9. Measures to ensure that the Passenger Information Unit is able to carry out risk assessment of passengers on the basis of the PNR data prior to their arrival or departure either on the basis of criteria or by comparing the data against relevant databases.
10. Measures to ensure that the Passenger Information Unit is able to cooperate with other authorities responsible for prevention, detection, investigation and prosecution of terrorist offences and serious crime in the Member State.
The total amount for co-financing of grants foreseen under this Call is € 50.000.000.
Project proposals seeking EU co-funding of less than € 100.000 will not be eligible. There is no maximum limit but the amount of EU co-financing requested will be assessed with regard to the expected results and the quality of budgeting and project management. The amount of EU funding requested cannot exceed 90% of the total eligible costs of the action. A minimum of 10% of the total eligible costs of the action must be provided as a contribution in cash and borne either by the Applicant organisation/coordinator, and/or Co-beneficiaries, and/or Associate Partners, and/or from another donor organisation/third party. This financial contribution shall consist of a direct monetary contribution from the partnership’s own resources and/or the contribution from any other fund providers.
Applications must be submitted by bodies and organisations with legal personality established in one of the EU Member States. Applications from natural persons are not eligible
More information can be funded here