NOTICE OF CALL FOR PROPOSALS WITH A VIEW TO OBTAINING GRANTS IN THE FIELD OF MARITIME TRANSPORT Call for proposals DG MOVE
Overall objective and specific objectives of this call for proposals:
The overall objective is to promote learning mobility to improve the quality of education and training and the enhancement of training capacity of the European maritime institutions and bodies.
– Investing in quality teaching, having lecturers, teachers and instructors of good calibre and at the same time giving them the possibility of upgrading their skills and qualifications.
-Enhancing a collaboration among the Maritime Education and Training (MET) institutions, facilitating the organisation of common programmes and exchange of academic staff through possible learning agreements, validation of experience and quality certificates. This might be detailed in a memorandum of understanding between the MET involved.
– Tackling the lack of uniformity in training and the lack of attractiveness of certain maritime careers by the dissemination of good practices for the benefits of students, professionals, teachers, instructors
Categories of activities covered by this call for proposals
A proposed action has to cover one or several of the following activities:
– Strengthening training in maritime activities, including familiarisation with new technologies
– Fostering closer inter-university, inter-school and institute links and links with and between businesses and other organisations involved in maritime activities;
– Exchanging information among universities and training centres so as to develop more uniform training, possibly a base curriculum in the different fields of maritime knowledge in order to reach a mutual acceptance of the degrees and skills obtainable in each institution; in this way the mobility of students, professionals, cadets will be much easier;
– Encouraging industrial partners on active participation in the initiative through supporting research, training and young workers’ mobility programmes;
-Strengthening links and networks between young people from European maritime regions and the development of a maritime culture among European citizens;
– Promoting, in the long term, job mobility in maritime activities through the possible following actions (non-exhaustive):
· Exchanges of students;
· Exchanges of apprentices and trainees;
· Exchanges of teachers, trainers, instructors;
· Joint training programmes
The estimated total amount of EU funding for this call is € 400.000.
The Commission expects to fund one to two projects. The amount granted will be no more than 80% of the total eligible costs of the action. Contributions in kind are not regarded as eligible costs.
Who can participate
Applications submitted in writing by legal persons who are established in a Member State of the European Union are eligible.
The proposal must be sent by registered mail or by private courier, dispatched not later than 27/04/2013
For more information and call documents click here