RESTRICED CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Non-State Actors and Local Authorities in Development
Actions in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
The Overall Objective of the Programme is the strengthening of the Palestinian Civil Society as a pre-condition for a more equitable, open and democratic society.
The Specific Objective of the Programme is the following:
– The empowerment of Palestinian NSA/CBOs in order to benefit populations out of reach of mainstream services and resources and excluded from policy making processes with a view to contribute to poverty alleviation
Priority will be given to those Actions focusing on at least one of the two following issues:
- Socio-economic empowerment of vulnerable groups and isolated communities, in particular job creation initiatives, delivery of basic social services and income generating activities;
- Local communities’ engagement in local development planning.
Requirements: All actions to be supported under this Lot should include an element of capacity building of local actors in a way to guarantee principles of empowerment, participation and accountability
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 300,000
- maximum amount: EUR 750,000
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
- Minimum percentage: minimum of 60 % of the total estimated eligible costs of the action.
- Maximum possible rate of EU co-financing of the total eligible costs of the action is:
– EU Member State NSA: maximum of 75 % of the total estimated eligible costs
– Local oPt NSA : maximum of 90 % of the total estimated eligible costs
- be an in-country NSA, with Headquarters in the oPt and officially registered with the Palestinian competent authorities and founded at least 2 years before the launching date of this Call
- be a NSA from an EU Member State officially registered in an EU Member State and founded at least 3 years before the launching date of this Call and necessarily (mandatory) act with co-applicants or affiliated entities that are local civil society organisations from the oPt.
“In – country” means: Such national condition of in-country civil society organizations is being determined on the basis of the organisation’s statutes which should demonstrate that it has been established by an instrument governed by the internal law of the concerned country. In this respect, any legal entity whose statutes have been established in another country cannot be considered an eligible local organisation, even if they are registered locally or accompanied by a “Memorandum of Understanding”. Furthermore, they should be physically based and operationally managed in the occupied Palestinian territory.
NSA: Non State Actors : According to article 24.2 of Regulation (EC) n°1905/2006, the non-State, non-profit making actors eligible for financial support include “NGOs, organisations representing indigenous peoples, organisations representing national and/or ethnic minorities, local traders’ associations and citizens’ groups, cooperatives, trade unions, organisations representing economic and social interests, organisations fighting corruption and fraud and promoting good governance, civil rights organisations and organisations combating discrimination, local organisations (including networks) involved in decentralised regional cooperation and integration, consumer organisations, women’s and youth organisations, teaching, cultural, research and scientific organisations, universities, churches and religious associations and communities, the media and any non governmental associations and independent foundations, including independent political foundations, likely to contribute to the implementation of the objectives of this Regulation
Deadline for submission of the Concept Notes
The deadline for the submission of Concept Note is 14 March 2013 as evidenced by the date of dispatch, the postmark or the date of the deposit slip.
In the case of hand-deliveries, the deadline for receipt is at 16.00 Jerusalem time as evidenced by the signed and dated receipt.
For more information click here