Call for Proposal to select and co-finance 10 projects offering SESAR Integrated Remotely Piloted Air System Demonstration Activities
The purpose of this call for proposals is to select a number of ‘Demonstration Activities’ Projects, including integrated pre-operational flight trials activities, (the “Demonstration Projects”), which shall aim at:
• demonstrating how to integrate RPAS into non-segregated airspace in a multi-aircraft and manned flight environment, in order to explore the feasibility of integration with the wider aviation community by 2016;
• focusing on concrete results filling the operational and technical gaps identified for RPAS integration into non-segregated airspace; and
• capitalising on the SESAR delivery approach by providing synergies, risk and opportunities, with the overall SESAR programme.
The Demonstration Activities shall:
• be relevant at European scale;
• be performed in European Union and/or Eurocontrol member States;
• cover various types and sizes of RPAS, and
• be performed between the third quarter 2013 and first quarter 2015
What is SESAR?
Single European Sky Air Traffic Management Research (“SESAR”) is a European initiative aiming at modernising and harmonising the European ATM systems ensuring sustainable, safe and efficient air transport development through a performance driven approach.
The SESAR Joint Undertaking has earmarked a total maximum budget of co-financing for this call for proposals of 4.000.000,00 EUR (four million EURO). As a result of the call, the SJU expects to award indicatively 10 co-financing agreements taking into account the number and quality of the proposals with a maximum co-financing of 500.000,00 EUR (five hundred thousand EURO) per co-financing agreement (project). Each selected project shall be co-financed up to a maximum of 50% of the total estimated project eligible cost as presented in the submitted financial proposal.
Only entities set up as a consortium and composed of at least two independent legal entities are eligible to participate to this call. In this respect, each consortium shall include:
• at least one RPAS flight operator; and
• at least one Air Navigation Service Provider (“ANSP”) which shall, as far as possible, ensure the connections with the relevant regulatory authorities.
For the purpose of this call, a consortium is defined as a legally-established grouping or a grouping which has been constituted informally for this specific procedure.
Duration of the co-financing agreement(s)
Each Co-financing agreement will be concluded for a maximum period of twenty-four (24) months. Unless otherwise agreed, activities shall start in the third quarter of 2013 (June 2013) with therespective kick off meeting and be completed within 24 months from the co-financing agreement signature.
Closing date for submission of project proposals: 19 April 2013
For more information and call documents click here