Non-State Actors & Local Authorities in Development
Open Call for Proposals
Local Authorities ISRAEL
AIM of this proposal is to support actions of capacity building, proposed and implemented by Local Authorities and Associations of Local Authorities in Israel.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is enhancing capacities of small to medium size Israeli Local Authorities (with populations not exceeding 250,000 inhabitants) and Israeli Associations of Local Authorities in formulating and implementing public policies and programmes to support the development of a more equitable, open and democratic society.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are to:
– strengthen the technical, institutional and operational capacities of small to medium size Local Authorities (hereafter referred as LAs) in Israel, to be able to enhance the public policies at local level, to reinforce local governance and citizens’ access to improved services and better living conditions within their communities;
– strengthen the structure and the capacities of Associations of Local Authorities (hereafter referred as ALAs) in Israel, to strengthen their coordination role and representation of the need of local communities in institutional dialogues.
The priority for funding
– Good governance & public participation: building capacities of Local Authorities in the fields of sound financial and operational management, increasing public participation in decision-making (in particular to strengthen the participation of the most vulnerable groups within the community) and awareness-raising on civic responsibilities (including tax-paying). In addition, special focus should be directed at improving the communications between the citizens and the Local Authority.
– Education (formal and informal): building capacities of Local Authorities in strategic thinking, preparation of work plans, and implementation of programmes in the fields of formal and informal education.
– Social welfare: building capacities of Local Authorities in strategic thinking, preparation of work plans, and implementation of programmes in the field of social welfare. Such capacity building actions should put a special focus on the rights and needs of children and older people, women, persons with disabilities and the most vulnerable and marginalized groups within the community LAs oversee.
– Environment: building capacities of Local Authorities in strategic thinking, preparation of work plans, and implementation of programmes in the field of environment, including making use of available sources provided by the Ministry of Environment.
The applicant must clearly indicate to which of the above specific objectives the proposal refers.
This Call for Proposals will provide funding for actions focusing on capacity building activities of the small to medium size Local Authorities, located within Israel’s internationally recognized borders, with populations not exceeding 250,000 inhabitants.
FINANCIAL ALLOCATION PROVIDED BY THE CONTRACTING AUTHORITY
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is EUR 300,000. The Contracting Authority reserves the right not to award all available funds. Equally, this amount could be increased should more funds become available.
Size of grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
minimum amount: EUR 40,000
maximum amount: EUR 80,000
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
Minimum percentage: 50 % of the total estimated eligible costs of the action.
Maximum percentage: 90 % or 75 % of the total estimated eligible cost of the action;
Applicants should be:
– Local Authority or Association of Local Authorities from Israel or from a Member State of the European Union and
– for Local Authorities from Israel, as internationally recognized, be a Local Authority with population not exceeding 250,000 inhabitants
The deadline for the submission of applications is 20 March 2013.
For more information click here.