Non-State Actors in Development Mongolia
Deadline for submission of Concept Note: 22/03/2013
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to promote an inclusive and empowered society to facilitate the participation of Non-State Actors (NSA) in poverty reduction and sustainable development strategies.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
– To build the capacity of human resources in rural areas
– To improve access and quality of social services to rural poor
– To contribute to income generation and the creation of employment opportunities in rural areas, thus limiting internal migration and urbanization
Types of activity
All activities improving human resources development in rural areas are eligible, e.g.:
– providing technical and vocational training to marginalised population in rural areas
– improving quality and granting access to health and/or education services for rural poor
– reinforcing existing cooperatives and local NGOs’ economical capacity and self-sufficiency
– creating sustainable livelihoods for the poor and the unemployed
The following types of action are ineligible:
- · actions concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences, congresses;
- · actions concerned only or mainly with individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
- · one-off conferences: conferences can only be funded if they form part of a wider range of activities to be implemented in the life-time of the action. For these purposes, preparatory activities for a conference and the publication of the proceedings of the conference do not, in themselves, constitute such “wider activities”;
- · actions which consists exclusively or primarily of capital expenditure, e.g. land, buildings, equipment and vehicles, except in special circumstances;
- · actions which discriminate against individuals or groups of people on grounds of their gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or lack of them, or their ethnic origin;
- · actions supporting political parties.
Size of grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- · minimum amount: EUR 300,000
- · maximum amount: EUR 450,000
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall within the following maximum percentage of total eligible costs of the action:
- · If the Applicant is a Non-State Actor from Europe: maximum of 75% of the total eligible costs;
- · If the Applicant is a Non-State Actor from Mongolia: maximum of 90% of the total eligible costs;
– be Non State Actors constituted in accordance with the legislation in force in the respective country
– be established in a Member State of the European Union and Mongolia
“Mongolian Applicants may act individually or with co-Applicant, however, given the character of this program and its multi-actor dimension, working in partnership is encouraged. For actions presented by Applicant from a Member State of the European Union, partnership with at least one Mongolian co- Applicant is obligatory. In this case, the Applicant shall demonstrate an established and effective partnership with the Mongolian co-Applicant”.
Non State Actors
“According to article 24.2 of Regulation (EC) no. 1905/2006, the non-state, non-profit making actors eligible for financial support include “non governmental organisations, organisations representing indigenous peoples, organisations representing national and/or ethnic minorities, local traders’ associations and citizens’ groups, cooperatives, trade unions, organisations representing economic and social interests, organisations fighting corruption and fraud and promoting good governance, civil rights organisations and organisations combating discrimination, local organisations (including networks) involved in decentralised regional cooperation and integration, consumer organisations, women’s and youth organisations, teaching, cultural, research and scientific organisations, universities, churches and religious associations and communities, the media and any non governmental associations and independent foundations, including independent political foundations, , likely to contribute to the implementation of the objectives of this Regulation”.
For more information click here