Non State Actors Actions in partner country GHANA
Deadline for submission of proposals: 28th March 2013
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is: the strengthening of Civil society in partner countries as a pre-condition for a more equitable, open and democratic society. These interventions shall encompass small scale local development activities in a wide range of sectors and themes such as water and sanitation, health, education, employment, migration, etc.
The specific objective (s) of this Call for Proposals is: to support initiatives and actions aimed at ensuring the effective delivery of public goods and services such as water, sanitation, health (Improved maternal health delivery), etc. through citizens’ empowerment and organisation.
- Supporting initiatives and actions by non state actors working with citizen groups to assess the quality and effective delivery of basic social services such as water, sanitation, health (maternal health), etc. at the district with the view of ensuring adequate delivery of these services.
- Support the development of methods and tools for citizen engagement for effective service delivery.
Priority will be given to actions that will contribute to the achievement of the following results:
- An increasing willingness on the part of Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies to be attentive and responsive to the voices of citizens and civil society organisations;
- Empowerment of Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies to promote collaboration with civil society in the initiation and implementation of development projects as pre-conditions for being responsive to the needs and aspirations of their constituents;
- Empowerment of citizen groups (grassroots) to hold public officials and institutions accountable in the delivery of basic social services such as water, sanitation, health (maternal health), etc.
- The development of knowledge base, skill set, tools and methods for effective advocacy for service delivery.
The following types of action are ineligible:
- · actions concerned only or mainly with individual sponsorships for participation in workshops, seminars, conferences, congresses;
- · actions concerned only or mainly with individual scholarships for studies or training courses;
- · actions in the formal education sector, except in special circumstances;
- · actions supporting political parties;
- · actions which include proselytism;
- · actions which discriminate against individuals or groups of people on grounds of their gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or lack of them, or their ethnic origin;
- · actions which are in conflict with constitutional provisions.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is EUR 2, 000,000, from the Budget Year 2012. Subject to the final decision of the Budgetary Authority, an additional EUR 1,000,000 may be allocated to this call for proposals from the 2013 budget.
Size of grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- · minimum amount: EUR 300,000
- · maximum amount: EUR 500,000
A grant may not be for less than 50% of the total eligible costs of the action. In addition, no grant mayexceed 90% of the total eligible costs of the action.
Who can apply: applicants established in Ghana or in a European Union Member State.
For more information click here.