Japan Special Fund Poverty Reduction Program (JPO)
Call for Proposals from Civil Society Organizations for Community-Based Development Projects Japan Special Fund Poverty Reduction Program (JPO) Managed by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
The objective of this Call for Proposals is to obtain technically and financially sound community-based development proposals that:
1. Support well-targeted poverty reduction and social development activities that respond directly to the needs of socially and/or economically disadvantaged people.
2. Stimulate wide spread stakeholder participation (i.e. civil society groups) at the community level.
3. Pilot alternative innovative approaches or partnerships with CSOs as implementing agencies to reach groups currently not being reached by other programs.
4. Support capacity building of community-based organizations in low income communities to provide sustainable solutions for poverty reduction.
Eligible proposals should be focused in only one of the following sectors:
1. Education and Social Protection
1.1 Early Childhood Development (ECD) for children between 0-8 years:
1.2 Teacher Quality for Primary and Secondary Education:
1.3 Youth interventions to protect from risky behaviors:
2.1 Caring services for young and elderly people:
2.2Violence against women (VAW):
3. Community-Driven Rural Development
3.1 Prevention of Diseases and Agricultural Health:
3.2Water and Sanitation for Disperse and Poor Rural Households:
Grant Size and Duration
Proposals amounts should be at least USD 500,000 and no more than USD 1 million.
Deadline 15 May 2013
See on www.iadb.org