Call for Proposals VP/2013/005 Pilot projects to carry out ESF related counterfactual impact evaluations
The general objective of this call for proposals is to set up pilot projects conducting CIEs in order to further promote the use of counterfactual impact evaluations of ESF interventions in the MS.
This call for proposals offers the applicants a possibility to assess the impact of ESF funded interventions for the 2007-2013 programming period applying one or more quasi experimental counterfactual impact evaluation methods.
The specific objectives are the following:
- To provide robust evidence on the net effects (impacts) of the ESF interventions being evaluated through the chosen pilot projects;
- To raise awareness on counterfactual impact evaluations and on the use of their findings in the selected MS and
- To enhance MS capacity to effectively implement CIEs.
The foreseen results of this call for proposals are:
- Informed assessment of the impact of the evaluated ESF interventions in the selected MS;
- Increased awareness and knowledge on counterfactual impact evaluations and their methods;
- Improved understanding of the necessary administrative and institutional settings for MS to further carry out CIEs;
– Improved understanding of the advantages, challenges and limitations of implementing and using the results of counterfactual impact evaluations.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at € 1,000,000 euro.
The grant requested will be € 100,000 minimum and € 250,000 maximum.
According to the quality of applications received, the number of accepted pilot projects could be between 4 and 10.
The grant will not exceed 80% of the total eligible costs of the action5. The applicant has to guarantee the co-financing of the remaining 20%. This 20% cannot be funded under other EU funds – including Technical Assistance Priority Axes of the ESF Operational Programmes. Contributions in kind are not accepted as co-financing.
The applicant must be an authority in a Member State which is in charge of ESF evaluation. In principle, this will be a Managing Authority of an operational programme designated according to art. 59(1) of the Council Regulation (EC) No 1083/2006. However, as in some Member States, the evaluation function is centralised and belongs to another authority, this body would also be eligible to apply.
Deadline for submitting proposals: 21/06/2013
For more information click here.