Digital Circulation Call for Proposals EAC-S08-2013
Preparatory Action ‘Circulation of films in the digital era’.
This Preparatory Action pursues three complementary and inseparable objectives:
- improving conditions for the circulation of European films within the European Union;
- increasing and expanding the global audience for European films;4
- informing market players and local authorities of changes likely to improve complementarity between distribution platforms.
Applications must propose to experiment with simultaneous or quasi-simultaneous releases on a wide range of distribution platforms (festivals, cinemas, DVD, Video on Demand services, television channels, etc.) and in a number of European territories. Being restricted to European films and to their distribution within European Union Member States, projects will need to cover a substantial number of films and territories. Applicants are expected to develop new business models (in terms of generating and distributing income from the various distribution platforms) which provide an incentive for the different players to open up for simultaneous or quasi-simultaneous releases.
The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at 1.994.000 Euro. The amount of the financial contribution to be awarded will be determined within the limits of available budget and in consideration of the costs and nature of each action, assessed on the basis of the application and the selection and award criteria. It shall take the form of a Grant. There is no maximum amount. The EU grant is limited to a maximum co-funding rate of 70% of eligible costs
- The proposal must be submitted by a group made up of companies or organisations from the audiovisual and related industries (producers, sales agents, distributors, right holders, marketing agencies, cinemas, VOD platforms, etc…);
- The coordinator and co-beneficiary(ies) of the applicant group must have their registered office in a Member State of the European Union;
- The applicant group must include at least two sales agents.
“Natural persons” (individuals) are not eligible.
For more information click here