Call for proposal Support to Artisanal Fisheries and Coastal Management in Somaliland and Puntland EUROPEAID/134-345/L/ACT/SO
Objectives of the programme
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is: Livelihoods, food security and nutrition of populations in Somaliland and Puntland improved and resilience strengthened.
The specific objective of this Call for Proposals is: Artisanal fisheries production, processing and trade, and the related coastal management in Somaliland and Puntland enhanced and sustained.
To meet the stated specific objective, this call for proposals comprises two lots with three expected results that are complementary to each other. Lot 1 will contribute to attainment of result 1, while Lot 2 will contribute to attainment of results 2 and 3. The results are:
- Performance of public and private sector institutions in the fisheries sector enhanced. The priority issues in this result area will be capacity building and institutional strengthening, for sustainable management of fisheries and coastal resources.
- Efficiency of artisanal fisheries value chain promoted and jobs created. The priority issue towards this result will be support to small scale artisanal fisheries value chain aimed at reviving and stimulating economies of the coastal populations through improved production, marketing and trade.
- Coastal habitats sustainably managed and conserved. Conservation and sustainable management of coastal habitats, aimed at sustaining the resource base for Somaliland and Puntland coastal communities will be the priority issue in this result area.
Types of Action
The types of actions that may be implemented for both Lot1 and 2 include:
- Actions that promote artisanal fisheries’ contribution to nutrition and food security as well as conservation of coastal habitats in Somaliland and Puntland.
- Actions that support the Ministries of Fisheries and Marine Resources (MFMR) and other fisheries associations and cooperatives to improve performance in governance and development of artisanal fisheries and coastal areas in Somaliland and Puntland.
- Actions that support private sector institutions to enhance the efficiency and creation of jobs in the fish value chain in Somaliland and Puntland.
LOT 1: Actions must take place in the locations where both public and private institutions for the fisheries sector exist in Somaliland and Puntland.
- In Somaliland, the locations include Hargeisa and Berbera.
- In Puntland, the locations include Garowe and Bossasso.
LOT 2: Actions must take place in the coastal areas of Somaliland and Puntland.
- In Somaliland, locations include any or a combination of the following: Saylac, Bullaxaar, Berbera, Karin, Xiis, Maydh, and Las Haaya. Other areas include El Sheekh, Bulahar, El-Girdi, Batalale, Okhor, and Gubed Ragude.
- In Puntland locations include any or a combination of the following: Bossasso, Qandala, Caluula, Baargaal, Xaaafuun, Banderbeya, Eyl and Jariiban.
Eligibility of applicants
In order to be eligible for a grant, the applicant must:
- be legal persons and
- be non-profit-making and
- be non-governmental organisations or international (inter-governmental) organisations as defined by Article 43 of the Implementing Rules to the EC Financial Regulation
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or another eligible country as stipulated in the basic act (10th EDF). This obligation does not apply to international organisations and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- LOT 1: Minimum amount: € 1,200,000
Maximum amount: € 1,500,000
- LOT 2: Minimum amount: € 3,200,000
Maximum amount: € 3,500,000
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
- Minimum percentage: 50% of the total eligible costs of the action.
- Maximum percentage: 90% of the total eligible costs of the action.
Deadline for submission of Concept note: 24th June 2013
For more information click here