Exchange of New Entrepreneurs between the Federative Republic of Brazil and Europe
Publication Date: 24 May 2013
Budget: € 250 000
Specific Programme(s): Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme (EIP)
The overall objective of this call for proposals is to support new entrepreneurs and SMEs in the crucial phase of their lifecycle and help them to grow, to enhance entrepreneurship, to develop their international outlook and their competitiveness and to foster potential start-up entrepreneurs and newly-established micro and small enterprises in Brazil and the CIP Participating Countries. Moreover, exchanges with knowledgeable entrepreneurs from Brazil and from CIP Participating Countries will help Brazilian and European SMEs and entrepreneurs to address the lack of business and entrepreneurial know-how and skills environment to grow and encourage their development.
The specific objective is to select an organisation which will manage the exchange of new entrepreneurs between the Federative Republic of Brazil and CIP Participating Countries at local level. This organisation will, in particular, recruit and assist the 50 European New Entrepreneurs (NEs) who will benefit from the programme for a minimum stay of 1 month up to 6 months, select the 50 European Host Entrepreneurs (HEs) who will host the 50 Brazilian New Entrepreneurs, and coordinate and assist their Brazilian counterpart, who will recruit and assist the 50 Brazilian New Entrepreneurs and select the 50 Brazilian Host Entrepreneurs. This call is therefore targeted at organisations enhancing and facilitating the mobility of entrepreneurs, and is not intended for entrepreneurs willing to participate in the programme.
Proposals can be submitted by public or private entities.
By awarding a grant to promote the mobility of new entrepreneurs, the Commission’s specific objectives are:
– To increase exchanges between Brazil and CIP Participating Countries;
– To provide on-the-job-training for New entrepreneurs in small and medium-sized enterprises in Brazil and in Europe in order to facilitate a successful start-up, and development of their business ideas;
– To foster sharing of experience and information between entrepreneurs on the obstacles and challenges of starting up and developing their businesses in Brazil and in the CIP Participating Countries;
– To enhance market access and identification of potential partners for new and established businesses in Brazil and in Europe;
– To support business networking between entrepreneurs from Brazil and the CIP Participating Countries by building on knowledge and experience from each other.
– Maximum total budget allocated for EU financing under this call: € 250 000
– Number of projects: 1
– Maximum EU financing rate of eligible costs: 75% with a maximum of 60% of the action management costs and 100% of the financial support to new entrepreneurs participating in an exchange.
– Monthly allowance per new entrepreneur = a lump sum of € 250 per month up to six months and € 1000 for the flight (with a maximum of € 2 500 per NE and a total of € 125 000 for the 50 NEs).
Grants shall involve co-financing, which implies that the resources necessary to carry out the action or the work programme shall not be provided entirely by EU contribution. EU financing may not cover 100% of the total costs of the action.
Co-financing of the action or of the work programme may take the form of:
– the beneficiary’s own resources,
– income generated by the action or work programme,
– financial contributions from third parties.
Contribution in kind is not permitted for this call.
Financial support to third parties
The applications may envisage provision of financial support to third parties (NEs).
The grant agreement awarded foresees payment of a lump sum of 1.000€ for the flight and a monthly lump sum to the NE of 250€/month for maximum 6 months. The amount of financial support per NE must not exceed 2 500 euros.
Proposals can be submitted by public or private entities acting as mono-applicants.
Applications from legal entities established in one of the following countries are eligible:
– EU Member States
– EFTA and EEA countries: Switzerland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway
– Acceding/candidate countries: Croatia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Montenegro and Turkey
– Albania, Israel and Serbia (additional participants to the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme)
Final date for submission: 4 July 2013 at 17:00:00 Brussels local time.
For more information click here