Supporting the enhancement and promotion of sustainable transnational thematic tourism products
Publication Date: 03 May 2013
Budget: € 1 500 000
Specific Programme(s): Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme (EIP)
The overall objectives of the present call for proposals are the following:
– to support the enhancement and promotion of sustainable transnational thematic tourism products contributing to the development and promotion of sustainable tourism in Europe by improving their visibility and market uptake.
– to contribute to the creation of an environment favourable to transnational co-operation among tourism related stakeholders with a particular emphasis on the SMEs.
It aims at:
1) Strengthening trans-national cooperation, with regard to sustainable tourism;
2) Encouraging a higher involvement of small and micro enterprises and local authorities;
3) Stimulating competitiveness of the tourism industry by means of an enhanced focus on the diversification of sustainable tourism thematic products.
FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS CALL, A SUSTAINABLE TRANSNATIONAL THEMATIC TOURISM PRODUCT SHOULD CORRESPOND TO THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
A transnational thematic tourism product is meant as made up of a set of touris destinations/attractions/services and taking the form of a transnational route/itinerary/trail/tourism offer, either physical (based on physical infrastructure) or conceptual (linkin places/destinations/attractions) having a common thematic link and a high potential for sustainable tourism development.
The tourism product must:
– BE TRANSNATIONAL – A thematic tourism product (e.g. a route/itinerary/trail/tourism offer) has to cover/be developed in at least 4 countries. Involvement of more than 4 countries will be considered as an added value for the proposal.
– BE THEMATIC – A transnational tourism product must be conceived, structured and develop around a common theme.
– BE ALREADY DEVELOPED: The aim is to support the market uptake of the products that have already achieved a certain development stage (e.g. at least the concept/action plan exists and some development activities, networking of stakeholders took already place). It will be the onus of the applicant to provide the description and evidence on the above. For this purpose, the project proposals have to include a thorough description of the sustainable transnational thematic tourism product indicating the actions implemented so far and the development achieved of the product as well as its potential for further tourism development
The project proposal shall target the following general expected results:
– better market visibility of attractive and sustainable European transnational thematic tourism offer
– development of comprehensive and practical information on the product for potential tourists
– development of concrete tourist offers/packages
– facilitating and stimulating public-private partnerships and the integration of enterprises, in particular micro and small, of the tourism sector in the supply chain of transnational thematic tourism products as well as into regional development and tourism promotional strategies
– diversification and contribution to the development of sustainable tourism offer in Europe
– contribution to sustainable development, growth (increase in tourism flows) and employment in the tourism sector.
– Maximum budget allocated for EU financing under this call: 1.000.000,00 €
– Indicative number of projects: up to 5 projects
– Under the condition of sufficient budget the EU financing may be increased up to 1.500.000,00 € and the number of projects may be increased up to 7 projects.
– Maximum EU financing rate of eligible costs: 75%
– Maximum EU financing amount per project: 250.000 €
– EU 27 Member States
– European Free Trade Association countries (EFTA) which are members of the European Economic
– Area (EEA) in accordance with the conditions laid down in the EEA Agreement: Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein.
– Other countries participating in the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programme of the CIP: Croatia, the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania and Israel.
– Participation of partners from other countries is allowed – if relevant for the project – but it will not be considered as concurring to the eligible costs, nor as concurring to satisfy the minimum consortium requirements
The consortium must gather a minimum of five applicants:
– at least one must be an SME – Small and Medium Sized enterprise – acting in the tourism sector
– at least one of the applicants must be:
- a Ministry (public national governmental authority), in charge of tourism and/or regional development or any other area which is in relation to the object of the proposal.
- a National Tourist Organisation (NTO) being in charge of national tourism promotion under condition that a letter from the Ministry is provided indicating this NTO as an organisation to which the implementation of the project is entrusted on behalf of the Ministry.
– at least one of the applicants must be
- a regional or local public governmental authority (For the purpose of this call, a regional or local public governmental authority is considered as: region, province, department, municipality, city council, commune).
- a network or association of regional or local public governmental authorities.
Deadline: 03 July 2013 at 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)
For more information click here.