SPECIFIC PROGRAMME “DAPHNE III” (2007 – 2013)
CALL FOR PROPOSALS JUST/2013/DAP/SAG/CAAM FOR CHILD ABDUCTION ALERT MECHANISMS
SPECIFIC ACTION GRANTS
In presenting their proposals, applicants must demonstrate their ability to introduce and run a new child abduction alert mechanism, describing the timeline, methodology and protocols that will be used and the measures taken to strengthen compatibility and coordination of national child alert schemes between the Member States, or develop procedures and tools, with the aim of resolving cross-border cases of child abduction more efficiently in accordance with established best practices.
Grants will be awarded in order to introduce child abduction alert mechanisms in Member States, which do not have such a system in place yet. In particular this shall involve:
- establishing a protocol setting out the conditions for use of the alert scheme and the legal framework for intervention;
- creating the technical communication tools required for the alert scheme;
- concluding partnership agreements with NGOs officially appointed to handle cases of child abduction, or other partners such as press agencies, TV and radio broadcasters.
The available budget for this call is 600.000 Euro.
The funding under this call is provided based on the co-financing principle: the grant cannot constitute more than 80% of overall eligible project costs.
The total grant amount by project cannot be higher than 120 000 Euro.
- Eligible EU Member States: all EU Member States. Organisations from Croatia may participate to this call under the condition that Croatia effectively joins the European Union by July 2013. Their costs will only be eligible as from that date.
- EFTA States that are parties to the EEA Agreement (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway)
The Applicant must have stable and sufficient sources of funding to maintain its activity throughout the period during which the action is being carried out and to participate in its funding; it should be able to cover the funding which is not covered by the Commission’s grant.
Deadline for submission of proposals: 12/09/2013
For more information and call documents click here.