European Commission – 2011 call documens for Marco Polo funding for freight transport
Call for proposals – 2013
The available budget for the 2013 Call is €66.7 million. Special environmentally-friendly maritime projects, inland waterway projects and rail projects with single-wagon loads are priorities in 2013.
Deadline for the submission of proposals is 23 August 2013.
In 2013, the programme supports five distinct types of action:
(1) Modal shift actions, which focus on shifting as much freight as economically meaningful under current market conditions from road to short sea shipping, rail or/and inland waterways
(2) Catalyst actions change the way non-road freight transport is conducted in the European Union. Under this type of action, structural market barriers in European freight transport are overcome through a highly innovative concept: causing a real break-through.
(3) Motorways of the sea actions offering an integrated service, which shifts freight from long road distances to a combination of short sea shipping and other modes of transport
(4) Traffic avoidance actions integrating transport into production logistics: reducing freight transport demand by road with a direct impact on emissions
(5) Common learning actions enhance knowledge in the freight transport and logistics sector and foster advanced methods and procedures of co-operation in the freight market, with an overall objective of promoting intermodal solutions aiming at achieving modal shift or traffic avoidance.
See on ec.europa.eu