The global objective of this call for proposals is the strengthening of civil society as a pre-condition for a
more equitable, open and democratic society. In particular, it is aimed at strengthening the capacity of local
actors, to inform citizens about their rights, to increase their capacity to understand and assess government
policies and their implications on the fight against poverty and inequality, the capacity to contribute to
reinforced accountability systems at local and national levels.
The priorities of the Call are:
– Actions improving capacity of NSA (particularly those representing the poorest sections of the population, including marginalized and vulnerable groups that do not have access to social services) to effectively participate in poverty reduction through development of sustainable strategies and programmes;
– Actions, supporting building think tank capacity of civil society organizations to enable them to provide expertise on development issues and influence public opinion in favour of good governance development policies and reinforce their capacity to play an oversight role;
– Strengthen the capacity of local communities to address i) the delivery of public services such as: health, education and environmental issues affecting the community combined, and ii) support the creation of an enabling environment for income-generating activities.
Size of grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
· minimum amount: € 300 000
· maximum amount: € 350 000
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following [minimum and] maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
· Minimum percentage: 60 % of the total eligible costs of the action.
· Maximum percentage: 90% of the total eligible costs of the action for the Non State Actors applicants established in Tajikistan .
· Maximum percentage: 75% of the total eligible costs of the action for the Non-State Actors applicants established in Member States of the European Union
Deadline for submission of Concept note: 12 November 2013
For more information click here
If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter (it’s free).