Call for proposal Civil Society Dialogue Between EU And Turkey -III Political Criteria Grant Scheme (CSD-III/PC)
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to give opportunity to potential beneficiaries to get familiar with the policies of the European Union concerning political issues both in terms of legislation and implementation and to be prepared for the accession through strengthening the contacts and mutual exchange of experience between all civil society actors on political issues in the Member States and Turkey.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
- Enhanced institutional capacity of civil society organizations (CSOs) to contribute to development and implementation of political reforms and to facilitate the adoption of the reforms by the Turkish society,
- Establishment of sustainable networks between the Turkish CSOs and their European counterparts on political criteria encouraging further dialogue and contributing to better exchange of information and know-how and to reduce misperceptions and concerns both in Turkey and in the EU Member States concerning political criteria issues.
All projects should respond to the specific objectives of this Call for Proposals.
The proposed project should fall in one or more of the priority areas under a certain Lot. Applicants must indicate only one lot in the Application Form for the evaluation.
Lot 1: Human Rights
1.1 Awareness-raising on human rights
1.2 Human rights of refugees/asylum seekers/immigrants
Lot 2: Anti-Discrimination
2.1 Socially vulnerable groups
2.2 Freedom of expression
2.3 Dialogue among cultures, religions and beliefs
Lot 3: Democracy and the Rule of Law
3.1 Political culture/democratic participation
3.2 Justice system including access to justice
1.1. Financial allocation provided by the contracting authority
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is € 6.150.000. The Contracting Authority reserves the right not to award all available funds.
- Lot 1: Human Rights EUR 1.950.000
- Lot 2: Anti-Discrimination EUR 2.700.000
- Lot 3: Democracy and the Rule of Law EUR 1.500.000
If the allocation indicated for a specific lot cannot be used due to insufficient quality or number of proposals received, the Contracting Authority reserves the right to reallocate the remaining funds to another lot.
Size of grants
Any grant awarded under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts (for all Lots):
- minimum amount: EUR 50.000
- maximum amount: EUR 150.000
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action (for all Lots):
- Minimum percentage: 50% of the total eligible costs of the action.
Maximum percentage: 100% of the total eligible costs of the action
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must further be limited to 90% of the estimated total accepted costs.
(1) In order to be eligible for a grant, the Applicant must:
- be legal person, and
- be non-profit making, and
- be CSOs (associations or foundations), and
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or Turkey, and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
Only CSOs (associations and foundations) working in the field of democracy, justice, fundamental rights and freedoms, social dialogue and solidarity, culture, migration and asylum that support the objectives of the Call should apply as an Applicant or co-applicant(s).
Co-applicant(s) participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the Applicant.
Co-applicant(s) must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the Applicant himself.
In addition to the categories referred to in Section 2.1.1, the following are, however, also eligible as a co-applicant:
- Universities (only research centres and think tanks),
- Employer unions,
- Trade and public servant unions,
- Municipalities and Unions of Municipalities,
- Special Provincial Administrations except the Special Provincial Administrations in 30 provinces due to fact that their legal entities will be ceased in March 2014 according to the Metropolitan Municipality Law No: 6360 and 6447.
Applicant from Turkey must have at least one eligible co-applicant from the EU Member States and Applicant from EU Member States must have at least one eligible co-applicant from Turkey.
Applications from Turkey without at least one co-applicant from an EU Member State and applications from an EU Member State without at least one co-applicant from Turkey will be rejected immediately and will not be evaluated further!
Types of action
The projects should aim to establish long-term cooperation and strong links between all actors in human rights, anti-discrimination, democracy and rule of law in the Member States and Turkey and to encourage exchange of knowledge on the EU policies in the areas of “political criteria”.
The proposed action (project) should fall in one or more of the priority areas mentioned above under the field of activities of Human Rights, Anti-Discrimination and Democracy and Rule of Law.
Actions must take place in one or more of the following countries: Turkey, EU Member States.
Lot 2: Anti-Discrimination:
Priority Area 2.1: Socially vulnerable groups
- Strengthening cooperation among CSOs in advocacy of the rights of vulnerable groups,
- Analysing the best practices of rehabilitation and care services for children, women, the elderly people and people with disabilities,
- Strengthening cooperation among CSOs, public institutions, and international organisations working in support of socially vulnerable groups.
Priority Area 2.2: Freedom of expression
- Developing local media cooperation on ethical journalism and independence of media,
- Activities providing exchange of information between CSOs in implementation of legislation on freedom of press,
- Information and awareness campaign on the new media in the context of freedom of expression,
- Activities to better understand the extent and legal basis of freedom of expression as a fundamental freedom,
- Support to networks of freedom expression groups that monitor freedom of expression,
- Support to learning and research initiatives on freedom expression,
- Awareness-raising activities on freedom of expression in the context of democratic participation to policy-making.
Priority Area 2.3: Dialogue among cultures, religions and beliefs
- Promoting better inter-cultural understanding, dialogue and confidence through conferences and seminars,
- Developing social integration measures in problematic/conflict areas, especially between communities and policy makers at local, regional and national levels,
- Raising awareness on cultural diversity through dissemination of information, including audio-visual material, on specific cultural and religious groups,
- Networking activities to establish a long-lasting cooperation among community-based CSOs in Turkey and EU countries,
- Organising common/joint activities among the fraternal, solidarity and fellow countrymen associations.
Deadline for submission of Concept Notes: 23.12.2013
For more information and call documents click here
If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter (it’s free).