Proposals should at minimum address:
- A survey of the major investment-readiness (training and pitching events) schemes in Europe, including those launched under FP7, such as the ‘ICT Finance Marketplace’ and ‘European Investor Gate’ initiatives.
- An analysis of lessons to be learnt from the above (proposals are expected to build on and reinforce the outcome of these schemes).
- The training of entrepreneurs (as the key focus of this action) and the sensitisation of investors.
- The planning and execution of pitching events.
- Strategies for involving a wide range of early-stage investors, including, at minimum, business angels, family offices and venture capitalists.
The main domains attracting equity investments for R&I — such as cleantech, ICT and medtech — should be targeted, along with a generic approach to other domains.
Proposers must have and must demonstrate a significant track-record in the investment-readiness field and also in-depth knowledge of early-stage investment.
Proposals must include a draft plan for the exploitation and dissemination of the results of the activities undertaken.
For more information and call documents click here
If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter (it’s free).