Empowerment for better livelihoods, including skills development and vocational education and training, for marginalised and vulnerable persons and people dependent on the informal economy
Under the programme “Investing in people” the theme “Education, knowledge and skills” aims at vocational education and training in view of increasing knowledge and skills and employability on the job market, contributing to active citizenship and individual fulfilment on a life-long basis.
The theme “Other aspects of human and social development” focuses, among other policies, on social cohesion, employment and decent work. This strand of thematic programme promotes an integrated approach that combines economic competitiveness and social development in erasing social inequalities and reducing regional asymmetries. It also aims at supporting initiatives to promote the improvement of working conditions and effective functioning of social protection systems.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to contribute to the elimination of poverty and social exclusion of people dependent on the informal economy and other vulnerable groups.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
- Support for the enhancement of livelihoods of people dependent on the informal economy, including skills development and vocational and education training and support to initiatives aimed at developing self employment and job creation/improvement
- Support for the social inclusion of vulnerable groups through access to basic social services.
Proposals will have to include at least one of the following measures
- strengthening of rights at work and adaptation of national and local policies to the conditions and needs of people dependent on the informal economy
- increasing the employability and productivity of people dependent on the informal economy;
- strengthening interest organisations of people dependent on the informal economy and their participation in national policy processes extension and strengthening of social protection and social dialogue systems and programmes
Projects should largely target the people whose lives and livelihoods depend on the informal economy and the most vulnerable groups of the population.
- young women and men with no or minimum education,
- people discriminated against on the basis of caste,
- indigenous people,
- persons belonging to minorities (linguistic, ethnic, religious, sexual, etc.),
- people with disabilities
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is € 44 000 000. The Contracting Authority reserves the right not to award all available funds. Equally, this amount could be increased, should more funds become available either from the same or from a subsequent budget year.
Size of grants
Any requested contribution under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: € 1 500 000
- maximum amount: € 5 000 000
Deadline for submission of Concept note: 19 February 2014 at 16:00 hrs (Brussels date and time)
For more information and call documents click here
If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter (it’s free).