The objective of the present call is to provide structural support, referred to as operating grant, to European non-governmental organisations (ENGOs) and EU-wide networks active in the field of education and training or in the field of youth and pursuing the following general aims:
- raise stakeholder awareness of European policy agendas in education, training and youth, in particular ‘Europe 2020’, ‘Education and training 2020’, the EU Youth Strategy and other sector-specific policy agendas,
- increase stakeholder commitment and cooperation with public authorities for the implementation of policies and reforms in the fields of education and training and of youth, in particular of the country- specific recommendations issued in the framework of the European Semester, boost stakeholder participation in the field of education, training and youth,
- boost stakeholder commitment in the dissemination of policy and programme actions and results and of good practice among their membership.
The present call for proposals will provide funding through the two following lots:
- Civil society cooperation in the field of education and training (lot 1)
- Civil society cooperation in the field of youth (lot 2)
Who can apply?
This call is open to two categories of bodies:
- category 1: European non-governmental organisations (ENGO) in the field of education and training or in the field of youth,
- category 2: EU-wide networks in the field of education and training or in the field of youth.
The present call for proposals aims at the selection of organisations for the conclusion of annual operating grant agreements covering the budget year 2014.
The total EU budget for the co-financing of cooperation with civil society is EUR 5 800 000.
Budget Civil society cooperation: education and training
The total EU budget for the co-financing of civil society cooperation in the field of education and training is EUR 2 000 000.
By way of indication:
- ENGOs under category 1 will account for about 90 % of the education and training budget available,
- EU-wide networks under category 2 will account for about 10 % of the education and training budget available.
The maximum annual operating grant will be:
- ENGOs (category 1): EUR 125 000,
- EU-wide networks (category 2): EUR 200 000.
Financial contribution from the EU shall not be granted for more than 75 % of the total eligible costs.
Budget Civil society cooperation: youth
The total EU budget for the co-financing of civil society cooperation in the field of youth is EUR 3 800 000.
By way of indication:
- bodies under category 1 (ENGOs) exclusively dedicated to youth will account for about 70 % of the
- youth strand budget available,
- bodies under category 1 (ENGOs) having a broader scope but including a section dedicated to youth will
- account for about 10 % of the youth strand budget available,
- bodies under category 2 (EU-wide networks) exclusively dedicated to youth will account for about 20 %
- of the youth strand budget available.
The maximum annual operating grant will be EUR 50 000 for both categories (ENGOs and EU-wide networks).
Financial contribution from the EU shall not be granted for more than 80 % of the total eligible costs.
Applications from legal entities established in one of the following countries are eligible:
- — EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom,
- the countries of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA): Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Swiss
- Confederation subject to a bilateral agreement being concluded with this country,
- candidate countries for which a pre-accession strategy has been established, in accordance with the general principles and general terms and conditions laid down in the framework agreements concluded with those countries with a view to their participation in EU programmes: former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Turkey
The online application form duly completed must be submitted online by 12.00 (noon, Brussels time) on 17 March 2014, including the relevant annex
For more information and call documents click here
If you enjoyed this article, don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter (it’s free).