Research Participant Portal is your entry point for electronic administration of EU-funded research and innovation projects
Specific Challenge: A key structural change overtaking computing is the move towards a low-power computing continuum spanning embedded systems, mobile devices, desktops, data centres, etc. The demand for low-power multi/many-core computing systems is intensifying across all market segments.
Capitalising on Europe’s industrial and technology strengths in low power computing and embedded and cyber-physical systems, the objective is to strengthen European competitiveness in the key parts of the emerging computing value chain. With the wider diffusion of embedded ICT and cyber-physical systems, security becomes increasingly important to be addressed across all levels starting from secure and trusted zones supported on hardware and software level.
· Reinforce and broaden Europe’s strong position in low-power computing in traditional and new market segments by strengthening the technology competences of European suppliers and the academic community.
· Reduction of energy consumption of servers by 2 orders of magnitude as compared to state of the art in 2013.
· Double the productivity in efficiently programming and maintaining advanced computing systems powering cyber-physical systems as compared to state of the art in programming embedded systems in 2013.
· Increase the adoption of form-factor data-centres and heterogeneous highly parallel computing systems.
· Higher involvement of SMEs, both on the supply and the demand-side.
· Increased adoption of concurrency in applications across all sectors; higher degree of parallelism in applications; increased public trust in embedded applications due to secure and reliable architectures.
Deadline Date 14-04-2015 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)
Types of action:
a. Research & Innovation Actions – A mix of proposals requesting Small and Large contributions is expected
b. Innovation Actions – A mix of proposals requesting Small and Large contributions is expected
c. Coordination and Support Actions