European Commission – EuropeAid
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to contribute to the achievement of Objective No. 2 of the EIDHR Strategy 2011-2013, “Strengthening the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful conciliation of group interests and in consolidating political participation and representation” and Objective No. 2 of Regulation (EU) No 235/2014 establishing a financing instrument for democracy and human rights.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals are:
1. Capacity-building for human rights CSOs with the aim to enable them to actively contribute to the promotion and protection of human rights through monitoring, reporting, networking and coordination; joint advocacy and legal reform initiatives;
2. Enhancing human rights culture, human rights education, civic and voter education and democratic rights and citizenship;
3. Supporting and protecting those who are victims or are most at risk of human rights violations, including victims of armed conflict and violence, torture and other forms of ill-treatment, sexual and gender-based violence, arbitrary arrest and detention etc., as well as human rights defenders, through the provision of legal, medical, psycho-social and other types of support services, in order to restore the right to remedy and rehabilitation of victims;
4. Enhancement of political, civil, economic, social and / or cultural rights and support the realization of the rights of women, children, youth and people with disabilities etc.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is € 1,000,000.
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
• Minimum amount: EUR 60.000
• Maximum amount: EUR 120.000
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
• Minimum percentage: 50 % of the total eligible costs of the action.
• Maximum percentage: 95 % of the total eligible costs of the action
The deadline for the submission of Concept Notes is 15/01/2014