Research Participant Portal is your entry point for electronic administration of EU-funded research and innovation projects
Scope: To identify, develop and deploy replicable, balanced and integrated solutions in the energy, transport, and ICT actions through partnerships between municipalities and industries.
The proposals are expected to have the impacts described below:
- deploy wide-scale, innovative replicable and integrated solutions in the energy, transport, and ICT;
- trigger large scale economic investments with the repayment of implementation costs in acceptable time lines (to facilitate the bankability of the projects);
- increase the energy efficiency of districts and of cities and foster the use of renewables and their integration energy system and enable active participation of consumers;
- increase mobility efficiency with lower emissions of pollutants and CO2;
- reduce the energy costs;
- decarbonise the energy system while making it more secure and stable;
- create stronger links between cities in Member States with various geographical and economical positions through active cooperation.
It is envisaged that the proposals will also bring societal benefits:
- reduction of energy bills for all actors and especially for citizens and public authorities;
- Increase quality of life by creating local jobs (that cannot be delocalised) in cities;
- Increase air quality.
Total Call Budget€107,180,000
Scope: Today the standards are developed for specific components or areas such as smart meters, smart grids, ICT etc. With the development of integrated solutions of Smart Cities and Communities a system approach is needed. Furthermore through standardisation the solutions identified by smart cities and communities can envisage costs reductions. It is expected that this work is carried out by the industries cities and communities contributing to the Smart Cities and Communities European Innovation Partnership in cooperation with the European Standardisation Organisations (CEN, CENELEC, ETSI) as well as other Standard Developing Organisations (SDOs) responsible for technical specifications in the area of Smart Cities. Social acceptance of developed solutions might be considered.
Deadline Date05-05-2015 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)