Research Participant Portal is your entry point for electronic administration of EU-funded research and innovation projects
Sourced through Scoop.it from: ec.europa.eu
This topic shall look at the role and purpose of social media and the relationship between the new social networks and public security. Research to be coordinated by this activity may focus on analysing the following issues:
- To what extent are social media likely to influence public security planning?
- Shall the adoption of social media across the public security community be treated as a threat or a tool for public security purposes?
- Shall the potential of social networking tools be explored by public security agencies for example in order to predict future trends or identify possible threats?
- To which extent, in the age of the connected society, are social media used in the eve of urban violence and riots? How can the understanding of the different social media influence on the populations lead to the shaping of new forms of policing in the public space?
- What are the ethical and legal implications, for instance with reference to the respect for fundamental rights, of public agencies using social media information for security planning purposes?
Special attention should be paid to ethical privacy and data protection aspects.
Deadline Date27-08-2015 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)