European Commission – EuropeAid
Sourced through Scoop.it from: webgate.ec.europa.eu
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to contribute to the respect for fundamental human rights and freedoms in Trinidad and Tobago.
The specific objectives of this Call for Proposals is to support activities aiming to create enabling environment conducive to tackling Human rights issues in Trinidad and Tobago.
Types of action which may be financed under this call include:
Support activities aiming to address gender based violence
- activities pertaining to advocacy and education designed to specifically target groups to combat stereotypes and to transform negative gender norms amongst the various segments of population; o public awareness campaigns in mass media to influence public opinion (videos, documentaries, developing apps, television clippings, publishing research findings);
- activities to support re-education of perpetrators of gender-based violence; o research on issues pertaining to support the prevention measures of gender-based violence and global promotion of gender equality
Support activities aiming to safeguard the rights of Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI):
- public awareness campaigns in mass media to influence public anti – discrimination opinion (videos, documentaries, developing apps, television clippings, publishing research findings);
- campaigns for promoting anti-discrimination legislation;
- dialogue to promote broad consensus between groups with opposing interests;
- seminars, developing modules and training materials aiming to promote capacity strengthening of competent authorities on LGBTIs issues.
- Research on issues pertaining to promote LGBTIs rights
The deadline for the submission of concept notes is 17 June 2016 at 22:00 (Brussels local time).