The general objective is the promotion of health-enhancing physical activity (HEPA) in EU and national policy.
The specific objective is to promote broader access to the practice of sport and physical activities for refugees.
- Awareness-raising among refugees about the health and social benefits of practicing sport and physical activity;
- Better well-being and integration of refugees in society through sport and physical activity;
- Increased knowledge among refugees of European values through participation in sport and physical activity.
This call would allow the testing of development of HEPA activities in at least 6 Member States particularly concerned by the massive arrival of refugees with at least 6 projects selected. These projects should involve local sport organisations and take into account gender equality. A single project should involve at least 100 refugees.
A non-exhaustive list of the main activities aimed at the participation of refugees in HEPA activities eligible under this call for proposals is listed below:
- development, identification, promotion and sharing of good practices about participation of refugees into HEPA activities;
- preparation, development and implementation of educational and training modules and tools;
- activities to increase the competences of multipliers in the field of sport and to develop monitoring and benchmarking of indicators, notably as regards the promotion of ethical behaviours and codes of conduct among sportspeople;
- awareness-raising activities on the added value of sport and physical activity in relation to the personal, social and professional development of individuals;
- activities to promote innovative synergies between the field of sport and the fields of health, education, training and youth;
- dissemination actions
- conferences, seminars, meetings, events and awareness-raising actions underpinning the aforementioned activities.
- The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of projects is estimated at €600.000,00.
- The maximum amount for each grant will be €60.000,00.
- The Commission reserves the right not to distribute all the funds available. The EU contribution may not exceed 80% of the total eligible costs of the project
Tips: before to apply for this call read very carefully all the call documents and annexes. Good luck!
For more information and call documents click here.
If you enjoyed this article, do not forget to subscribe to my newsletter (it’s free).