Call for proposals for operating grants open to EU-level NGO networks having signed a framework partnership agreement for 2014-2017 and being active in the area of social inclusion and poverty reduction or microfinance and social enterprise finance
Objectives – Priorities
The activities listed in this section serve as example and should not prevent the applicant from presenting others in line with the priorities and the quadrennial strategic plan linked to the FPA.
You can submit your proposal under the following priorities.
Area 1: European level networks active in promoting social inclusion and poverty reduction
- Priority 1 of the FPA: Support the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation ofinitiatives undertaken towards the policy objectives of Europe 2020 Strategy, the Social Investment Package and the Political Guidelines of the new Commission. Support the main EU driven processes such as the Open Method of Coordination (OMC)7 on social protection and social inclusion and the European semester.
- Priority 2 of the FPA: Support stakeholders’ involvement in the policy process: activities should in particular directly relate to the support of national member organisations in their involvement in the implementation of the main political EU-driven processes. In addition, EU-level networks should encourage cooperation with other civil society organisations and social partners’ organisations both at EU, national, regional and local levels
- Priority 3 of the FPA: Strengthen the capacity of EU-level NGO networks and their national members, to support implementation of EU priorities as indicated under point III (Policy Context) including their knowledge of relevant EU matters.
- Priority 4 of the FPA: Providing data and strong evidence base on policy developments and trends as well as collection of relevant information about citizens’ concerns and good practices in the social policy field in the Member States, so as to contribute to better policy making.
Area 2: European level networks active in the promotion of access to finance (microfinance or social enterprise finance)
- Priority 1 of the FPA: Support the Commission in its outreach activities at EU, national and local level with the aim of ensuring the implementation of European policies in the relevant area (e.g. Programme for Employment and Social Innovation, European Social Fund, Social Business Initiative etc.).
- Priority 2 of the FPA: Reinforcing the capacity of the network’s members, including through offering a platform for the exchange of good practices in the relevant field, and raising awareness about relevant EU policies.
- Priority 3 of the FPA: Voicing the concerns and expectations of organisations facilitating access to finance to (potential) entrepreneurs from disadvantaged and underrepresented groups / social enterprises
- Priority 4 of the FPA: Providing data / research on developments in the field and on priority topics.
Type of actions
The types of activities which may be funded under this call for proposals include:
- actions aiming at the creation and improving of networks, exchanges of good practices;
- capacity-building actions;
- awareness and dissemination actions;
- studies, analyses, mapping projects;
- research activities;
- training activities;
- conferences and seminars.
For more information and registration form click here.
If you enjoyed this article, do not forget to subscribe to my newsletter (it’s free).