The global objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society in supporting the promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms.
The specific objective(s) of this call for proposals are:
- To promote and protect economic, social and cultural rights of the most vulnerable groups, in particular related to:
- Rights of persons with disabilities;
- Rights of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC);
- To promote gender equality;
- To prevent human trafficking and smuggling and to protect the victims.
Applicants are not expected to present an application covering all specific objectives.
The following elements are considered of added value for the proposed activities:
- Encouragement of different types of partnerships between more and less experienced entities (eg. with other Eritrean, African and European entities) to facilitate capacity spin-offs;
- Enhancement of inclusiveness and pluralism of civil society;
- Strengthening interventions in the dialogue process on the areas identified by the call’s objectives;
- Targeting particularly remote areas;
- Innovative approaches.
Value added elements referred above will be given weight in the evaluation undertaken by the evaluation committee.
The grant may cover the entire eligible costs of the action if this is deemed essential to carry it out. Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum percentages of total eligible costs of the action:
- Minimum percentage: 50% of the total eligible costs of the action.
- Maximum percentage: 95% of the total eligible costs of the action
The budget is both a cost estimate and an overall ceiling for ‘eligible costs’.
The reimbursement of eligible costs may be based on any or a combination of the following forms:
- actual costs incurred by the beneficiary(ies) and affiliated entity(ies)
- one or more simplified cost options.
Simplified cost options may take the form of:
- unit costs: covering all or certain specific categories of eligible costs which are clearly identified in advance by reference to an amount per unit.
- lump sums: covering in global terms all or certain specific categories of eligible costs which are clearly identified in advance.
- flat-rate financing: covering specific categories of eligible costs which are clearly identified in advance by applying a percentage fixed ex ante.
Types of activity
The following non-exhaustive list of actions may be financed under this call:
- Capacity building, trainings and support measures related to the objective
- Information and advocacy measures related to the objectives Support actions aiming at fighting discrimination and improving the participation of people with disabilities;
- Support actions aiming at fighting discrimination and violence against women in all aspects of life;
- Support actions aiming at enhancing the role of persons with disabilities and women in public life and gender equality;
- Support actions aiming at fighting human trafficking and smuggling and protecting the victims;
- Income generating activities (such as, but not limited to, small business promotion, job creation schemes, sustainable production methods, sewing circles, credit and savings groups and youth training programmes) aiming at achieving the objectives Measures to support citizens to be involved in the design and implementation of policies related to the objectives;
- Research activities related to the objectives;
- Actions that present ways to support the implementation of Treaties and Conventions signed and/ or ratified from Eritrea relevant to the objective of the call for proposals;
- Networking activities to develop cooperation with and between organisations and civil society members in the areas of interest of the call for proposals;
- Workshops and educational activities in the areas of interest of the call for proposals, with the exception of one-off events, as described above.
Deadline: 09 November at 12:00 (Brussels date and time).
For more information and call documents click here
If you enjoyed this article, do not forget to subscribe to my newsletter (it’s free).